There is SO much you can do with this delicious cornmeal! And at the same time, it sure is good for you.
As you all may know, Polenta can take quite some time to make and might be an exhausting work out as polenta recipes say about 40 minutes of CONTINUOUS stirring will do – but not with this recipe! It’s a very easy meal to make and as you can see above, it’s very healthy for you too!
You can add your FAVE toppings onto the base, we like to use Tomato Paste, Red Onions, Mushrooms, Mozzarella, Arugula & Some Cherry Tomatoes to top it all off – mmm, delicious.
So want to give it a go?
- 175 g Instant dry polenta
- 1½ tbsp Extra virgin olive oil
- 750 ml Strong vegetable stock
- 75 g Tomato paste
- 1½ tsp Dried oregano
- 1½ tsp Paprika
- 125 g Ball buffalo Mozzarella, grated
- Caramalized Cherry Tomatoes (+ Coconut Oil & Sugar)
- Red Onion
- Large Handful Arugula
- Preheat your oven to 220°C . Line a large baking sheet with baking paper.
- Put the stock in a large pan, bring to the boil and stir in the polenta. Simmer for 5 min, stirring continuously – make sure the mixture thickens. Stir in lots of seasoning, then tip the mixture on to the prepared tray and spread to make a circle across. Leave to cool while you prepare your chosen toppings.
- Caramelize your Cherry Tomatoes, Red Onion & Mushrooms in your coconut oil and then add about 2 tbsp sugar (You can use honey or coconut sugar) to sweeten it up.
- In a small bowl, stir together the tomato purée, oil, and oregano with 1 tbsp water to make a smooth sauce. Spread evenly over the polenta base leaving a 2cm border.
- Scatter over the mozzarella and your toppings and cook in the oven for 15 min or until the cheese is bubbling and golden. Scatter over your arugula leaves, cut into wedges and serve.
Giving this recipe a try?
We’d LOVE too see what YOURS looks like and we’d also love to know how delicious it tasted.
Let us know on our social media platforms: