500g / 1Kg
Natural Health Erythritol
Erythritol belongs to a class of compounds called sugar alcohols. Many different sugar alcohols are used by food producers. These include xylitol, sorbitol and maltitol.
Most of them function as low-calorie sweeteners in sugar-free or low-sugar products. Most sugar alcohols are found in small amounts in nature, especially in fruits and vegetables. The way these molecules are structured gives them the ability to stimulate the sweet taste receptors on your tongue.
Erythritol appears to be quite different from the other sugar alcohols. To begin with, it contains much fewer calories:
- Table sugar: 4 calories per gram
- Xylitol: 2.4 calories per gram
- Erythritol: 0.24 calories per gram
- It contains almost no calories.
- It has 70% of the sweetness of sugar.
- It doesn’t raise blood sugar or insulin levels.
- Human studies show very few side effects, mainly minor digestive issues in some people.